Articulate is calling for Expressions of Interest by individuals or a group of people to take over the space from early 2022.
You are invited to an open meeting to discuss future possibilities for the space on Friday 16 July, 6.00 to 8.00pm at Articulate.
The time has come for a new group of people to either take over Articulate’s vision and continue from early 2022, or to use the space for a different art related purpose.
Articulate project space is a not for profit Incorporated Association. Its Statement of Purpose, from the Constitution is at the end of this information sheet. To continue this Statement of Purpose could mean that the current Constitution and the name Articulate project space continues. If there is interest for a different use of the space, then the name would cease to exist and a different organisation would need to be constituted.
The space, at 497 Parramatta Road, Leichhardt comprises the ground floor space, the backroom and kitchen and the upstairs exhibition space. Preference is for these three spaces to be leased by the one entity. The artist studios upstairs will remain as is. A new lease agreement will be entered into by which ever new entity continues in the space.
Due to the extension of the lockdown in Greater Sydney, this meeting will be moved to online only via zoom. The meeting link will be emailed to you after RSVP.
Statement of Purpose
Articulate project space is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to:
- Support and promote spatial art practices (such as installation, process and performance art) by fostering the experimental and project-based processes such art practices rely on, and by encouraging the innovative exhibition practices that support such processes
- Support a community of artists and their audiences, where artists and their work processes are respected, where intergenerational networking and support is encouraged
- Support and promote the independence of artists by being run by artists for artists and their local and wider audiences through the volunteer work of Articulate directors and participating artists, and by being a not-for-profit artist run initiative (ARI) funded by the artists who pay to work and exhibit in the space (and by occasional grants)
- Widen public awareness of such spatial art practices through a comprehensive annual public program of projects (exhibitions), artist talks and events
- Encourage the local and broader Sydney community to meet and interact with artists through regular opening events, artist talks and performances
- Develop a public archive that records Articulate’s history as part of the Leichhardt community and the broader Sydney and international community, and as one of the artist run initiatives in Sydney that focuses on experimental, installation, process and performance art, providing a resource for artists, the arts community and the interested public into the future
Conditions of entry:
Please do not come if you are unwell or a contact of a COVID-19 case.
Complete your contact tracing information on entry to Articulate.
Keep 1.5 metres distance from others and wear a face mask
Use the hand sanitisers provided at the entrance to Articulate.